Susanna Heller, Oct. 22, 2018, 12:16 PM
- A video circulating online appears to show police in Coral Springs, Florida, pinning a 14-year-old girl to the ground and punching her.
- In a statement on Twitter, authorities said they were responding to a call about “unruly teens, who had been harassing patrons and causing a disturbance” outside a mall.
- Authorities said the girl exhibited “aggressive behavior” and “resisted arrest, and in order to have her comply she was struck in the side.”
- People think the footage is an upsetting example of police brutality.
- “It was just too much because it just makes you angry,” Jessica Dennis, the girl’s mother, said of the video.
A viral video appears to show police in Coral Springs, Florida, pinning an unnamed 14-year-old black girl to the ground and punching her. The video was first posted to Instagram by Victoria Cedeno, who said she is the girl’s cousin.
In the video — which had over 6,000 views at the time of this post — someone off camera can be heard shouting, “Why are you hitting her? She can’t do it. She can’t do that. Her hand’s underneath her.”
Susanna Heller, Oct. 22, 2018, thisisinsider, “Police pinned a 14-year-old girl to the ground and punched her because she was acting ‘aggressive'”, https://www.thisisinsider.com/police-pinned-punched-a-14-year-old-girl-for-acting-aggressive-2018-10